House cleaning/updating

Shell City News, Updates, Events, Etc.
RedRage
BIG GIANT HEAD I Get Free Beer
BIG GIANT HEAD I Get Free Beer

House cleaning/updating

Post by RedRage » 02/26/18, 9:40 pm

Been a bit since I've done anything with the site itself just an update here and there and some back end stuff.

With all the good software already pretty much out there already there really isn't a lot to add. I do have a couple on my list to check, they've been on my list for a couple months just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Past couple days I've done some more serious back end updates beyond just base OS stuff and will probably do more in the next week or three. You may see Daily Rotation and ShellCity funkyness, if you do don't panic it 'should' return to semi normal reasonably soon, but if it continues for an extended period please let me know. I may not use the site(s) like you do so may not notice everything.

One thing i've done is update the Board software to the latest version. I haven't done so in years and figured it was about time. Once I get a little bit of time i'll work on the anti-spam to get new users access. Perhaps the community will come around again.. perhaps not. Just had so much trouble with spam just disabled it and eventually forgot about it.

HTTPS with lets encrypt is enabled on Dailyrot, but not shellcity. Didnt' think there was a real need since almost all reasonably static. However once I get around to it i'll fix that up too.

Also would like to thank those that have been using the report option for software. I check it every month or so and your three seconds of time has really helped in cleaning up the database.

Of course thanks to those who have given me the (financial) motivation to do what little I have done. It hasn't been a lot, but its been enough for me to keep me from telling bob to scrap the site :-)

If there are any suggestions please feel free to let me know.