More on Assange

Security, malware, viri--you've got to keep your eyes open

Postby bob » 12/30/10, 4:57 pm

As I said before, I'm done arguing. But....

I'm Libertarian and so I will side with whomever I believe is correct.

We should talk about Libertarianism, sometime, Gerry.

[theretofore] ..... Archaic word...very surprising.

And 'tis my wont to use it in any context ever and anon

I live in Russia....Vladivostok.....Ukraine is not Russia.

I knew part of that. Sorry, geography is not my forte
WYSIWTF
bob
BIG GIANT HEAD I Get Free Beer

Postby JohnT » 12/30/10, 9:46 pm

Don_U wrote:"Tsingtao is Chinese beer" no shit John, I guess inference is lost on you. As for not understanding what a Blinnis is
I thought you misspelled "Bellini" like you misspelled
the actresses name.

Don't use 'national security' bullshit on me.
For you this is not just about this incident. This is about the value of you personally having secrets or being covert and the value of the information that is secret.
From the transcript: you even advised me to "keep it to yourself"

So while I am here let me point out the obvious:

You are using the Internet to post your snide remarks.
hmmmm I grew up in the 60's when a telephone call was next to impossible. Now you can use the internet so information transparency is ineffective, right? Not to mention the tourist biz you are in. Do you think that that would have been possible 30 years ago?

What about Perestroika dude?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perestroika

Oh and about the Ukraine
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of ... et_Ukraine
You would like to say inference is lost on me when in actuality you are mis-directing it which you commonly do Don. You need to get out in the past Don its 2010. We are all educated enough to know about the "breakup: of the Soviet Union. The Ukraine was a part of the Soviet Union it was not Russia. It is still not Russia and less. The people there and here do not recognize them as Russian. The Ukrainians do not recognize Russians as Ukrainians. Two separate entities.
I live in the now Don.......and don't rely on the past. Only remember and keep it to myself as an attempt at not affecting others.
"A man may be a fool and not know it, but not if he is married."
JohnT

Postby JohnT » 12/30/10, 9:53 pm

JohnT wrote:
Don_U wrote: I grew up in the 60's when a telephone call was next to impossible.
Well I had some of my developmental years during that period also. During those early 60's we lived in a rural setting. We had modern day plumbing and electricity and by God we had a telephone and as I remember so did everyone else. Maybe the impossibility of the situation came into play when your brother utilized the string for his kite. Understandable.
JohnT

Postby Don_U » 12/31/10, 2:32 pm

The telephone call I was referring to making a call to Russia in the 60s. So you don't believe that communications to and from totalitarian regimes have been improved by the push of information transparency?

As for making a historical comparison that is hardly mis-direction. Perestroika was informatic transparency
that transparency led to some more freedom all be it
limited that led to a daisy chain of events that led to your current job.

So what I am saying is without reform in Russia you would not be posting on the web we could not be able to call there and you would not have the job you have.

To say history is not important is like saying the future does not exist.

Progress and history share the same future.

While I don't live in the past, precedence within the context of past events gives perspective to current and future events.

I figured that you live so ~close to China you could swing by and get me a six. :lol:
I never look back, dahling, it distracts from the now -Edna Mode
Beware of men in white vans at the freeway off ramps selling discount America. It is defective,
contains lead, and is not made here.
Robotic Undertones
Don_U
Senior Member I Get Free Beer
Senior Member I Get Free Beer

Postby JohnT » 12/31/10, 3:00 pm

Don_U wrote:The telephone call I was referring to making a call to Russia in the 60s.
Well Gee! Don that was perfectly clear from your usual rambling post I don't know why I didn't "channel" that excerpt. Hindsight is 20/20 through individually ground glasses.
Again things are lost on you....in alluding to mis-direction....your quote
"Tsingtao is Chinese beer" no shit John, I guess inference is lost on you. As for not understanding what a Blinnis is
the actresses name."
WTF has Tsingtao Chinese beer to do with anything. A historical comparison of beers???? Your always one about content but you rarely seem to fathom it. :lol:
JohnT

Postby Gerry » 01/01/11, 4:08 pm

bob wrote:

Yeah however I'm a noob on the subject, I just like what is said by those who are not. I can however give you a fantastic Harvard video to watch on the subject.
I answer rhetorical questions for my own enjoyment.
Gerry

Postby bob » 01/01/11, 6:27 pm

Sure, I'll watch the tape... beware of Libertarians talking about Libertarianism, though. They tend to downplay the more extreme goals of the movement. It all sounds groovy and great, until you realize, there is no protection for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich... I think if you followed their philosophy to its logical political end, you end up with warlordism. Their goal is to dismantle government because (they say) it encroaches on individual freedom. But dismantling government takes away the governmental protections that prevent individuals from encroaching on the freedom of others. The strong win. Always. It's law of the jungle.

We have some self-avowed Libertarians in government here (ever hear of Rand Paul, or his father, Ron Paul), but, self-avowed or not, I would say there's very little difference between what is called "conservatism" here, and Libertarianism, especially when conservatism is brought to its far right wing extremes. In fact, the far right wing of the Republican Party is often called the Libertarian wing.

Have you read Atlas Shrugged? It is one of the defining works of the Libertarian movement.

Topic moved to http://www.shellcity.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=6375
WYSIWTF
bob

Postby RedRage » 01/02/11, 12:18 am

Gerry wrote:
bob wrote:

Yeah however I'm a noob on the subject, I just like what is said by those who are not. I can however give you a fantastic Harvard video to watch on the subject.

posting in the other thread about this...

quote: "Tsingtao is Chinese beer" no shit John, I guess inference is lost on you. As for not understanding what a Blinnis is
the actresses name."

WTF has Tsingtao Chinese beer to do with anything. A historical comparison of beers???? Your always one about content but you rarely seem to fathom it. Laughing

I know this but for some dumb reason i always get caught lol.
RedRage

Previous

Return to Protect Yourself