ASN1 bad tag value met.

Security, malware, viri--you've got to keep your eyes open

Postby savageinjun » 02/23/06, 2:00 pm

what is that and what does it mean?...i am gettin the shits over this as i have been getting these ever since i had d/l u/d from MS in early Nov.'05. cannot update windows at all. am now using firefox to browse with. running win xp home (oem), dual p4 cpu 3.0ghz,512 mb shared ram,hyperthread. from auscomp it says it doesnt support DPE except for certain hard/soft? ware. mother board was changed from foxconn sis 661mx ddr400 to a asus??????? model. it states in at boot up but goes too quick to note it. apparently its a 'good un' so says the tech from where i got it and had fixed.....sooo...any ideas and proper fixes. ms updates are deadheads. thats my story and im stickin to it.
p.s oh yeah...using trendmicro for v/s.
savageinjun

Postby bob » 02/23/06, 2:29 pm

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/ng/microsoft ... 329010.asp

http://www.google.com/search?as_q=&num= ... afe=images

<font class=editedby>[ This Message was edited by: bob on 2006-02-23 22:31 ]</font>
bob
BIG GIANT HEAD I Get Free Beer
BIG GIANT HEAD I Get Free Beer

ASN1 bad tag value met

Postby savageinjun » 05/30/06, 11:05 am

thanks BHB..but...i already saw the tpic at the cyber and already googled. checked the catroot and have already given the catroot the new 'old' name. now...wait for it...i seem to have 2 catroot folders. catroot1 and catroot 2. the one thats been renamed is oldcatroot2. i dont know how that happened as i only named the first one(catroot1). dont even know where catroot2 came from. as it stands i have already repaired(thru reinstall) windows and have gone back to the deadheads and still nothing works. cannot update. cannot even reinstall the windows installer 3.1 ver. am thinking of f***ino** the oem version and putting in an illegal version with all the doodads and bypass the validation and everything just to get updates for a unreliable os. unless....you have a reliable working option???
savageinjun

Return to Protect Yourself