Can't Start Explorer

Security, malware, viri--you've got to keep your eyes open
bob
BIG GIANT HEAD I Get Free Beer

Post by bob » 05/04/04, 2:28 pm

<!-- BBCode Start --><TABLE bgColor=000000 cellPadding=5 width=400 border=1><TR><TD><FONT class="ot">OFF TOPIC: Congrats Sod. Bring her on over--we need all the geek insight we can get</font></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode End -->

So now, what's happened to Bobroosh?
WYSIWTF

Gerry

Post by Gerry » 05/05/04, 11:23 am

<!-- BBCode Start --><TABLE bgColor=000000 cellPadding=5 width=400 border=1><TR><TD><FONT class="ot">OFF TOPIC: Sorry Bobroosh, for continuing the off topic splurge...

Ohh I was using this definition:

"<i>backchannel</i> is used by linguists to designate the signals listeners give to a speaker to reaffirm that they’re still listening, and still engaged."

Damnit, I should of checked dictionary.com instead of Google (dunno why I ignored the sarcastic style though).

You should know by now SOD that if I wanna say something bad about you that I'm only too happy to say it to your face. :-) I also though that the fact that I had put it in an OT wrapper would have made it obvious that it wasn't related and mearly based on impulse, as is usual with me.

... actually I'm not too sure if dictionary.com is too good either, it is telling me that you have been 8 months without Marijuana, but I find that hard to believe. However other sources tell me that it means you haven't had a boyfriend for that long. :-)</font></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode End -->
I answer rhetorical questions for my own enjoyment.

bob

Post by bob » 05/05/04, 1:09 pm

I personally have been about 30 years without boo, Sod....
WYSIWTF

SOD

Post by SOD » 05/05/04, 10:14 pm

Eight months is a milestone Bob. Yes, I know it is an addiction. But I figured since I could manage school, manage work and all the rest I was the one in control.
Obviously I was wrong.
I don't drink hardly at all and I don't smoke cigs.
///////////////////////////////////////////
Gerry I know^ that, thats why I posted that my emotional firewall got set to "testy" by mistake. You are a standup guy, except when you are sitting down :-)
///////////////////////////////////////////
As for the orginial thread I spent about an hour and a half researching the problem. Seems that he has something enabled bad toolbar, thumbnails, whatever, or the boot is just starting to rot. It does not matter.
Best thing to do is save, format, and reinstall. You can't fix a bad or corrupted boot. BTW format twice.

SOD

Post by SOD » 05/05/04, 10:17 pm

<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class=postbody>Quote:</font><HR width=100% color=#333333 SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class=quote><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2004-05-05 19:23, Gerry wrote:
<!-- BBCode Start --><TABLE bgColor=000000 cellPadding=5 width=400 border=1><TR><TD><FONT class="ot">

... actually I'm not too sure if dictionary.com is too good either, it is telling me that you have been 8 months without Marijuana, but I find that hard to believe. However other sources tell me that it means you haven't had a boyfriend for that long. :-)</font></td></tr></table><!-- BBCode End -->

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR width=100% color=#333333 SIZE=1></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->

No i've been dating your mom...:-)
It is better to be here than there - SOD

Gerry

Post by Gerry » 05/06/04, 12:46 pm

<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class=postbody>Quote:</font><HR width=100% color=#333333 SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class=quote><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2004-05-06 06:17, SOD wrote:
No i've been dating your mom...:lol:
I answer rhetorical questions for my own enjoyment.