Index this

Hey! It aint that hard!

Index this

Postby Don_U » 10/04/10, 8:45 am

Was going through my web stats when this query appeared from Google.

20100928t015505

This is of course a 8601:2004 date time format as small as it gets. Look what it returns:

http://www.google.com/search?q=+%09+20100928t015505

This is an example of index within a URL...

I hope that someday 'web designers" learn to distinguish between machine design and human design and then learn to use them in tandem to do more than create a metaphor to a SQL database.
I never look back, dahling, it distracts from the now -Edna Mode
Beware of men in white vans at the freeway off ramps selling discount America. It is defective,
contains lead, and is not made here.
Robotic Undertones
Don_U
Senior Member I Get Free Beer

Postby Don_U » 10/04/10, 8:51 am

No SEO Voodoo just plain science 8) Google likes me.:shock:

http://www.google.com/search?q=+%09+201 ... b5a3cc1394
I never look back, dahling, it distracts from the now -Edna Mode
Beware of men in white vans at the freeway off ramps selling discount America. It is defective,
contains lead, and is not made here.
Robotic Undertones
Don_U

Re: Index this

Postby Selatie » 10/05/13, 7:41 pm

Interesting :|
Selatie
Member *

Postby Don_U » 10/13/13, 2:15 am

I do research such as this. Google sports two kinds of bots. Semantic and the bot that does all the link stuff. I have proven that the title element in html is what the semantic bot likes. Also that bot knows a subset of the english language and understands a limited number of things and words that are RELATIVE to one another and certain concepts like probability. It can help rank you but you need a canonical or root link to your page. I did a unit test with one link and Google understanding about 50% of the title line relative to its subset. I can do effective SEO with one link out of 140 mil to 150 mil returns I am anywhere between #2 and #5. SEO is which craft. science is everything.
Don_U

Postby bob » 10/15/13, 2:27 am

https://www.google.com/search?q=+%09+20 ... 3Aofficial

I'm not understanding, Don. Why would a site search return anything else?
WYSIWTF
bob
BIG GIANT HEAD I Get Free Beer
BIG GIANT HEAD I Get Free Beer

Postby Don_U » 10/19/13, 8:28 am

The Google bot (one of them anyway) used to point that date time to an article at a webpage of mine. The serialized date time was an id in a XML file to an article I wrote. They would bot XML files at large and would reference them as though they were HTML pages. Semantic reference was a playground back then. The latest edition of the bot system is called Hummingbird. They search more often and are looking for less information. They have steered away from native semantics and pursued a focused responsive relationship with business verification.

As an example of what used to be I put an 'html' h4 tag at the bottom of an xsl file there was a rule that said this h4 tag would only show up when you landed on the front page. Well, it could read the h4 tag and not the rule so it created a linked tree view of the website and because one XSL file processed all queries Google put that line at the bottom of each page. I felt semantically proud :-) this went on for three weeks then one day the tree view was gone and there was one search result with that line repeated over and over. They have had to hand tweak it. They have done it before.

In short, Google looks at a native semantic result as artifact instead of data now...for the most part.

(edited for redundancy)
Don_U

Return to Play With Code