DynDNS Clone

Hey! It aint that hard!

Postby Dark Shadow » 02/15/09, 4:37 am

Liquid Location -

Liquid Location is a dynamic DNS service that focuses on simplicity in design, security and ease of updates. Just about any program that can be written to request a URL can be used to update your IP address making Liquid Location truely cross platform. Unlike other services that require you to send your password across a network or use some clunky IP address updating software, LL automatically detects your connecting IP address remotely and doesn't use passwords for updates. Upon IP address update, you can be notified via email or text message. Although any program can be used to update your IP address, we suggest using Wget with Task Scheduler or Cron in order to perform updates. In this way, there is no program running as a service on your computer and Wget should only use about 1 second of CPU time every hour.
Dark Shadow
Senior Member (Entitled To Root Beer)

Postby Dark Shadow » 02/15/09, 7:03 pm

Bob,

I updated the description above to add the Text Messaging feature.
Dark Shadow

Postby bob » 02/16/09, 3:51 am

beautiful.... I'll post it tonight.... Send me an email, Dark. Got a question for you...
WYSIWTF
bob
BIG GIANT HEAD I Get Free Beer

Re: DynDNS Clone

Postby Gerry » 02/19/09, 8:38 pm

Dark Shadow wrote:As far as I've seen, I might be one of the only guys building this in PHP.

March 06 baby! Heh, I was reading through you're post thinking what a great idea it was.... took a long time before my memory clicked into gear.
http://www.shellcity.net/phpBB/viewtopi ... ht=dynamic
http://www.mirc.net/paste/?595

Although you've taken this MUCH MUCH MUCH further than I ever did. One thing, if you wanted to completely stay away from a software download, you could add a meta refresh like in the script above.

ps. Married! HA!
Gerry

Postby Dark Shadow » 02/19/09, 11:52 pm

Gerry wrote:
Dark Shadow wrote:As far as I've seen, I might be one of the only guys building this in PHP.

March 06 baby! Heh, I was reading through you're post thinking what a great idea it was.... took a long time before my memory clicked into gear.
http://www.shellcity.net/phpBB/viewtopi ... ht=dynamic
http://www.mirc.net/paste/?595

Although you've taken this MUCH MUCH MUCH further than I ever did. One thing, if you wanted to completely stay away from a software download, you could add a meta refresh like in the script above.

ps. Married! HA!

Good call! I wouldn't use it myself but I like the idea of giving people the option. I've added:
Code: Select all
header("refresh: 900; url=$_ENV[REQUEST_URI]");
to the update.php so people can do just that.

Congrats on the wedding bro! It's good to see that miracles can still happen. ;)
Dark Shadow

Postby Gerry » 02/28/09, 9:43 pm

Dark Shadow wrote:Good call! I wouldn't use it myself but I like the idea of giving people the option. I've added:
Code: Select all
header("refresh: 900; url=$_ENV[REQUEST_URI]");
to the update.php so people can do just that.

Congrats on the wedding bro! It's good to see that miracles can still happen. ;)

Yeah it was cheap and nasty, but got the job done.
That's cool that you added the refresh, now no software necessary.

Bah marriage! Bah women! Bah confusing life!
Gerry

Previous

Return to Play With Code