Shellcity.net makeover

Hey! It aint that hard!
AndrewB
BIG GIANT HEAD I Get Free Beer

Post by AndrewB » 08/14/03, 7:39 pm

In the process of redoing the visual elements of <a href="http://www.tweakhardware.com/">tweakhardware</a>.
Check it out if you'd like and let me know what you think. Eventually, I think it would be cool to make it possible for the user to choose his or her favorite color scheme from a drop-down and have those preferances stick via a cookie (A safe one, nothing that tracks; I dont like them either).
Keep Your Assets & ID Private! Can you afford not to?

bob

Post by bob » 08/15/03, 4:35 am

Looks great, Andy. I like those headlines up front ....
WYSIWTF

AndrewB

Post by AndrewB » 08/16/03, 2:24 pm

Got it fixed. Everything is back to as it was prior to my last changes, so I'll have to go back and redo that stuff. I'm now saving my files as UNIX format text. HOpefully this will prevent the same kind of character encoding problems that led to the botched code from just prior.

AndrewB

Post by AndrewB » 08/16/03, 2:30 pm

just remembered something:
I've never heared of it, but is there a way to use CSS to add characters to a paragraph?

As sort of makeshift bullets, I want to use a bullet-like character followe by two spaces for some parts of the links menu (if anyone saw that during its previous brief life, you know what im talking about), but I want to be able to define it once in CSS if possible rather than having to physically type out those character codes for each link.