DR Sources

Shell City and/or Daily Rotation -- Got something to say?

DR Sources

Postby bob » 02/09/11, 2:37 am

People keep writing me and telling me they're not seeing the source site names in the top headlines. You know, the site name in parentheses after the headline. I don't seem to be able to reproduce the problem. They come in fine here in Chrome and FF. Anyone else having the problem?
WYSIWTF
bob
BIG GIANT HEAD I Get Free Beer

Postby bob » 02/09/11, 4:43 am

nvrmnd--found it, fixed it
WYSIWTF
bob

Postby Gerry » 02/09/11, 6:04 pm

What was it? I looked and couldn't see the issue in the html on client side.
I answer rhetorical questions for my own enjoyment.
Gerry

Postby bob » 02/10/11, 4:09 am

only came up in the html if you used top 50 headlines, without mouseovers, and then only on headline number 11 through 50. Apparently the problem had been there for a long time.
WYSIWTF
bob

Postby Gerry » 02/10/11, 4:33 pm

gotcha, yeah I though the backend code might have been the issue :)
I answer rhetorical questions for my own enjoyment.
Gerry

Postby bob » 02/10/11, 4:40 pm

well here's another one, and I'm just at a loss on it. Use the OPEN IN CURRENT WINDOW option, and the top headlines from #11 on open in current window, but the first ten open in new window -- on FF only, not chrome, where they all open perfectly. I'm not finding anything that would lead to that in the code. The target=_blank is not present, but the link opens in a new window anyway..... There is considerable difference between those first ten headlines and the rest, since the first ten are not counted in the click counts that determine the top 100. (In order to prevent certain headlines from being perpetuated in the top 10, which are the most popular links on the site.) On the other hand, that difference has always existed, and I've just noticed this issue over the last week or so. (Not to say it hasn't been there for a while.)

Can any of you reproduce this behavior? I see the function works all right in IE too. I am thinking it may be a peculiarity of Tabs Mix Plus, a FF add-on, I'm using, which is supposed to open every link in a new tab the way I have it set....
WYSIWTF
bob

Return to Site Stuff