A few Changes

Shell City and/or Daily Rotation -- Got something to say?

Postby Gerry » 06/23/09, 12:00 pm

Heh, you think? How so? I was talking about a free service. Not sure how I'd monetise it :)

The people I pitched it to didn't think it was that great of an idea. :)
Gerry
BIG GIANT HEAD I Get Free Beer

Postby bob » 06/23/09, 2:14 pm

You could have monetised it. Depending on how good or bad your ethics are, you could have made less or moreb money. "Rich" was probably an exaggeration.
WYSIWTF
bob

Postby Gerry » 06/25/09, 12:45 am

bob wrote:Depending on how good or bad your ethics are, you could have made less or moreb money.

LOL, isn't that almost always the case :)
Gerry

Postby bob » 06/25/09, 6:07 pm

OK, speaking of all that -- in 2 or three weeks, the mobile version of Daily Rotation will be ready. (It would be ready sooner, but I am going through a very lazy period--thinking it all out.) Think there's a demand?

BTW, I should have my iPhone by then too. (On hold till old plan expires...) 'Course you don't really need a mobile-friendly version with the iPhone.
WYSIWTF
bob

Postby Gerry » 06/25/09, 8:00 pm

bob wrote:Think there's a demand?
Use definitely, but you're probably in a much better position to determine if there is "demand" or not as you have access to the stats and get the emails from the users. :)
Gerry

Postby RedRage » 06/26/09, 2:20 pm

bob wrote:OK, speaking of all that -- in 2 or three weeks, the mobile version of Daily Rotation will be ready. (It would be ready sooner, but I am going through a very lazy period--thinking it all out.) Think there's a demand?

BTW, I should have my iPhone by then too. (On hold till old plan expires...) 'Course you don't really need a mobile-friendly version with the iPhone.

unless theres a daily rot app... no reason at all safari does a great job except with flash :-/ buy me a mac and i'll develop one :-)

iphone: not really worth it the loss of basic features such as mms can drive a person nutty, yeah OS 3 has it but AT&T doesn't allow it yet. I think (i could be making this up) that AT&T has a 2 year contract with apple to block mms from the original launch, which would mean round july 11thish it could be enabled. but thats all speculation on my part.

The multimedia along with the wifi are excelent though.
RedRage

Postby bob » 06/28/09, 1:42 am

Funny about the iPhone -- it seems that allowing users to actually talk over the phone was not Apple's priority in designing the thing. Holding it to your ear -- especially in a humid hot climate like St. Louis this time of year -- leaves the touch screen all greasy with sweat.
WYSIWTF
bob

Postby RedRage » 06/28/09, 5:33 pm

bob wrote:Funny about the iPhone -- it seems that allowing users to actually talk over the phone was not Apple's priority in designing the thing. Holding it to your ear -- especially in a humid hot climate like St. Louis this time of year -- leaves the touch screen all greasy with sweat.

yeah, even when its fine it can be a pain especially if you work with newsprint in which case do not get any color than black. Blue tooth is a near must for it.

I was looking at getting a different phone, that was just a phone not a smart phone... I duno what i would do. I've come semi dependent on it.

you can use skype on it too, i havn't yet but in order to save minutes i might start.
RedRage

Postby bob » 06/29/09, 1:23 am

buy me a mac and i'll develop one

How bout something off the dollar menu instead? Big & Tasty?
WYSIWTF
bob

Postby RedRage » 06/29/09, 2:40 pm

i wish lol
RedRage

Previous

Return to Site Stuff