How to convert .flv or .swf to Quicktime?

Shell City and/or Daily Rotation -- Got something to say?

How to convert .flv or .swf to Quicktime?

Postby stephanee » 09/19/08, 8:20 am

Hi, I'm using Adobe Flash C3 Ver. 9.0 and need to convert either a .swf file or a .flv file to get it into Final Cut, (probably to quicktime right?). I am inexperienced with the program and can't seem to get it to work. Little help?
stephanee

Postby shirley1874 » 09/19/08, 2:14 pm

Have a look at the program here: http://www.swfkits.com/swf_to_video/download.html
You can pick up some good tips on flash video convertion and download their trial version even if you don't buy into their program - which looks good.
shirley1874
Member *

Postby SOD » 09/20/08, 9:27 am

WOW conversational spam...

I gotta see if the U of M is offering this as a course :lol:
It is better to be here than there - SOD
SOD
BIG GIANT HEAD I Get Free Beer

Postby bob » 09/20/08, 3:31 pm

I've been thinking the same thing, Sod. Someone sitting in a cubicle somewhere figures a way to keep from being banned and getting the name of that website out... But I may have a solution....

For example:

This service allows you convert a Flash Video / FLV file (YouTube's videos,etc) to MPEG4 (AVI/MOV/MP4/MP3/3GP) file online. It is using a compressed domain transcoder technology (outline in Japanese). It converts FLV to MPEG4 faster and less lossy than a typical transcoder.

http://vixy.net/

swf>>avi is a freeware dedicated to Flashtm .swf files to .avi conversion. swf>>avi is productivity tool. You can batch convert swf files and manage conversion profiles. We had developed swf>>avi for our own use because we did not find exactly the converter we need. Now, we think that it could be useful for many users. So we decided to provide swf>>avi for free to interested users.

http://www.avi-swf-convert.com/
WYSIWTF
bob

Postby JohnT » 09/20/08, 9:18 pm

I had thought the same thing, when first posted. I thought I would wait and see if anyone else picked up on that.....best idea offer a free service :lol:
"A man may be a fool and not know it, but not if he is married."
JohnT

Postby SOD » 09/25/08, 2:10 am

The probability of two women at once here at the geek cave are slim. Wow this thing is so cool and all we can make it do is boil water.
It is better to be here than there - SOD
SOD

Postby Fabiano » 03/18/09, 10:09 am

I do agree with all of you, both SOD and bob.
But I don't think recommend a good tool means spam.
If stephanee do need help. There are a lot of swf converters, just google 'swf converter'. As for me, I think the new tool iWisoft swf to video converter is not bad. I have used it for months.
Fabiano

Postby Gerry » 03/18/09, 4:16 pm

The spammers always surprise me! This really is a good one, they even waited a few hours between the question and answer. I really wish somebody would do a new doco on the current state of the web spam world because it's clearly evolved to quite an organised affair involving real people.
Gerry

Postby baits » 06/04/09, 7:02 am

Final Cut Pro support mov, mp4, mpeg video, you need to convert .flv and .swf to one of them, I use swf video converter for mac. really nice program that of course can convert flv to mov,, swf to mov, as for it supports lots of popular formats. also it's of a high quality and even can burn dvd-it might be useful! Following is a step by step guide:
http://www.flash-video-soft.com/blog/?p=249
Hope it can help you.
baits

Return to Site Stuff