Techno-Tools

Got my hammer out, and now I'm gonna open the box
bob
BIG GIANT HEAD I Get Free Beer

Post by bob » 04/20/02, 12:26 pm

Techno-Tools

If you haven't got tools - the right tools - then you're not a geek.

http://www.dansdata.com/tools.htm

SOD

Post by SOD » 04/20/02, 1:27 pm

This guy has been in my tool chest! But I have a BIGGER Multimeter than he does! LOL LOL VERY FUNNY Bob. Right down to the nibbler tool but standard Hemos should be included as a <I>client</I> enhancment, a suggestion from a friend oh and film cans gotta have film cans.*shady grove*

<font class=editedby>[ This Message was edited by: Tommy Chong on 2002-04-20 21:28 ]</font>

<font class=editedby>[ This Message was edited by: SOD on 2002-04-20 21:30 ]</font>

bob

Post by bob » 04/20/02, 1:33 pm

Don't forget the antistatic gloves--latex?

He doesn't mention the aircan.....

Dremel tool.... heh heh...... and more damn bits than you can shake a stick at... Of course, no good for precision work, but this aint no machine shop... This is cut and paste metal and silicon....

And vise grips...

<font class=editedby>[ This Message was edited by: bob on 2002-04-20 21:36 ]</font>

JohnT

Post by JohnT » 04/20/02, 1:42 pm

Don't forget the "Shop Smith" on a 5x9 trailer, for finnessing those mobo's in place.

bob

Post by bob » 04/20/02, 1:48 pm

Heh heh.... saw one of those the other day.... What a tool, if you can use it. Otherwise a true white elephant. (Person who had the one I saw was having trouble giving it away....)

Post by Guest » 04/22/02, 1:32 am

well, the degausser is nice but i'd probably only use it for my head and for 'philadelphia' type meanderings into the time vortex and when was the last time you used your multi-meter on your PC?

as for the 'Swiss Army' knives? i prefer black but has anyone ever used one in or around their PC?

Ah well, guess i wo'nt be shopping soon at any outback station...but the alligator clips make nice 'roach' holders.

thanks bob...btw are you fascinated with things Aussie for some reason? heh heh heh >{:^|

lurker

Post by lurker » 04/28/02, 3:44 pm

i must be a slacker...leatherman,screwdriver with assorted bits,swiss army knife are about all i need besides the duct tape and bulb grease.

dinobutt

Post by dinobutt » 05/01/02, 3:28 pm

I originally was building my own guitar pedals, with my trusty "electronic projects for musicians" by Craig Anderton,(intro by Joe Walsh)when I happened on a dumpster full of free computers. The analog guitar effects projects quickly fell aside, sadly enough. Still have all the pcb-making stuff.
BTW, Craig Anderton's projects and much more can still be accessed or purchased @ <a href="http://www.paia.com">paia.com</a> along with their 'virtual museum of synthesyzers' --and you can buy a build-your-own theramin kit, or rather, several versions.
Digital audio effects are often far weaker than analog even now. Largely because of hardware; implementation.
And I bet most of your A+ alumni have never handled most of this hardware outside of their 1-2 semester evening class, bless their hearts.

<font class=editedby>[ This Message was edited by: dinobutt on 2002-05-01 23:29 ]</font>

Jason
Senior Member I Get Free Beer
Senior Member I Get Free Beer

Post by Jason » 05/08/02, 2:03 am

My Dad, built his own Fuzz Box, he's still got it!
Works as good as the day he built it, in 1966!
A bit rusty now though :) and he's got a Wah-Wah pedal, called a CryBaby, and heaps of that sort of gear still,
He's even kept a Klempt Echo-lette, valve, tape echo!
He has to buy & splice his own tape now though.
And there's this guitarist we both like called, Jeff Beck, anyone else heard of him?, he uses the Wah-Wah pedal a lot?
Anyway sorry to answer an older thread, right now.
I had'nt noticed it before with all what has been happening.
Thank you

<font class=editedby>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2002-05-08 10:21 ]</font>

SOD

Post by SOD » 05/09/02, 8:56 pm

Jeff beck is neat but does not use the wawa petal that nuch. Ever listen to Robin Trower? One of the most under valued players around.
It is better to be here than there - SOD

bob

Post by bob » 05/10/02, 2:36 am

You want wah wah? Jimi Hendrix, Still Raining Still Dreaming Parts 1 & 2, "Electric Ladyland"