The trouble with a iPhone is....

Got my hammer out, and now I'm gonna open the box

Postby RedRage » 01/31/10, 3:18 am

Gerry wrote:
RedRage wrote:@Gerry: they're not ripping us off with out our knowing.. those pics from trade shows cannot even be considered false advertisements.
Well that's where our opinions differ. Also to label them as just "trade shows" is false as the photos are from Apple's annual (invitation only) media event. It ends up on just about ever news station on the planet, not to mention all the people who watch the event online.

my point was is that it is not an advertisement more of an announcement, for better or worse, there is a difference. i'm not looking for the video to confirm what was said at the event but i bet service agreements where mentioned somewhere.

@bob: agreed borderline fraud.
RedRage
BIG GIANT HEAD I Get Free Beer

Postby Gerry » 01/31/10, 5:39 am

RedRage wrote:my point was is that it is not an advertisement more of an announcement, for better or worse, there is a difference. i'm not looking for the video to confirm what was said at the event but i bet service agreements where mentioned somewhere..

They weren't, hense the lack of an asterisk, I watched the video at the time it was released. But if you are not looking for the video, then ok.

@Bob, what I'm talking about here is a form of bait and switch: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bait_and_switch. I know nobody who bought one was unaware of how much they had to pay... at that point.
Gerry

Previous

Return to Hardware Issues