12v DC fan problem

Got my hammer out, and now I'm gonna open the box

Postby AndrewB » 11/04/03, 10:00 am

wood glue seemed to work better than regular white glue, but its still not as amazing as I would have hoped. Maybe I shold try scratching up the surface w/ a wire brush bit and then try it. There's be more surface area that way....
Keep Your Assets & ID Private! Can you afford not to?
AndrewB
BIG GIANT HEAD I Get Free Beer

Postby Don » 11/04/03, 11:57 pm

Mud-flaps eh? I won't even guess.. :razz: <br>OK I give-up.. what do you call the rubber things for deflecting water away from your tires in the States? :)

<font class=editedby>[ This Message was edited by: Don on 2003-11-05 10:49 ]</font>
Don
Senior Member I Get Free Beer

Postby AndrewB » 11/05/03, 9:16 am

that... as far as I know. Unless you want to refer to them as "nude chicks" or something... :wink:
AndrewB

Postby Gerry » 11/05/03, 8:44 pm

<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class=postbody>Quote:</font><HR width=100% color=#333333 SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class=quote><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2003-11-05 07:57, Don wrote:
OK I give-up.. what do you call the rubber things for deflecting water away from your tires...</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR width=100% color=#333333 SIZE=1></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->

<!-- BBCode Start --><TABLE bgColor=000000 cellPadding=5 width=400 border=1><TR><TD><FONT class="ot">OFF TOPIC: I thought it was for catching the mud that flies off you tyres, so that it doesn't spray all over your car.</font></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode End -->
I answer rhetorical questions for my own enjoyment.
Gerry

Postby Don » 11/05/03, 9:59 pm

Yeah well.. what-ever~
knew I shoulda left this thread alone at page 2 :)
<br>As for Hollywood lying - perhaps we could have a look<br>at Al Jazeera cable TV and see what reality looks like.<br>Strange thing that;   young people craving blood and gore<br> at the movies, while kids their own age daily face the<br> brutal and deathly images of war's grim reality.

<font class=editedby>[ This Message was edited by: Don on 2003-11-06 06:28 ]</font>
Don

Postby AndrewB » 11/06/03, 9:38 am

...A lot of which is self inflicted. That just makes it all the more disturbing.
AndrewB

Postby Don » 11/07/03, 3:23 am

What's most disturbing is why we never see any of it.
<i>"Difficile est saturam non scribere"</i>
-- Juvenal
Don

Postby AndrewB » 11/07/03, 8:58 am

We do sometimes. But I'm more than just a little sure that Al Jazira does the inverse to at least the same extent. The only way you'd know the situation for sure was if you were in intelegence or were there yourself either as a soldier or for some other purpose.
AndrewB

Postby Don » 11/07/03, 9:41 pm

I'm not talking about situation, I'm disturbed that visions or stories of real people being killed and injured and things like the coffins returning from Iraq are being deliberately banned or withheld purely for political purposes despite a long tradition of honoring those who gave everything for their country in previous conflicts, and in order to keep the young un-informed about the realities of violence and war until they sign-up and become the latest crop of cannon fodder. And so the general public does not get to see how very much like Vietnam this latest fiasco is fast becoming.   That aspect does not require an intelligence or situational view to understand it.

<font class=editedby>[ This Message was edited by: Don on 2003-11-09 10:11 ]</font>
Don

Postby AndrewB » 11/10/03, 8:16 am

You know what allegedly happened during/after Desert Shield/Storm, don't you? Good old mass graves for the Iraqi dead. We do it, they do it, everyone does it. What's interesting to me is not that this happens but that most people don't seem to realize that what happens happens for a reason and has since day one, thousands of years ago.

The harsh reality is that if you wan't cannon fodder you can't very well go around and tell everyone that thats what the're going to end up being, or no one will volunteer or let you force them into it. In the same vein, however, I belive that while only those who've lived (or not) through it know the extent, everyone knows that in war/military ocupation/whatever people on all sides die. They are prepared for it as best they can, but like any traumatic event, "I'll never happen to me" until it does.

As bad as it may sound, good command of information is as important if not vastly more important than good command of units, especially in this day and age.
AndrewB

Postby JohnT » 08/31/08, 2:54 am

Don wrote:What's most disturbing is why we never see any of it.

Get on the ground if you want to see it up close and personal....anything else is voyeurism. :wink:
"A man may be a fool and not know it, but not if he is married."
JohnT

Previous

Return to Hardware Issues