Great Article on Battery Memory Effect

Got my hammer out, and now I'm gonna open the box
bob
BIG GIANT HEAD I Get Free Beer

Post by bob » 07/31/02, 2:30 am

If you flatten a battery before you recharge it - some people flatten their batteries manually, and some chargers do it automatically - you greatly reduce the life of the pack. A given battery pack may last for 500 full cycles, or 2000 partial ones. If you're fully flattening the battery by actually using it, then fair enough. But flattening it as part of the recharging process is goofy.

Lots more...

http://www.dansdata.com/gz011.htm
WYSIWTF

JohnT

Post by JohnT » 07/31/02, 3:32 am

I've got a shaver with NiCD and the mfg. recommends a full discharge before recharging. I've used it daily for 3yrs with about a bi-weekly charge cycle. B-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-
"A man may be a fool and not know it, but not if he is married."

Gerry

Post by Gerry » 07/31/02, 3:33 am

That's wierd cause in my mobile phone manual under 'battery care' it tells you to perform these "unnecessary charge/discharge cycles". Now I dunno who to believe.
I answer rhetorical questions for my own enjoyment.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » 07/31/02, 3:36 am

LOL, JT you bastard! I really gotta work on these dam touch typing skills and stop this two finger crap.
I answer rhetorical questions for my own enjoyment.

bob

Post by bob » 07/31/02, 5:32 am

Never fully discharged a battery in my life, except by accident. Hey man, that's an extra step...
WYSIWTF

vipe

Post by vipe » 07/31/02, 6:00 am

<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class=postbody>Quote:</font><HR width=100% color=#333333 SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class=quote><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-07-31 11:32, JohnT wrote:
I've got a shaver with NiCD and the mfg. recommends a full discharge before recharging. I've used it daily for 3yrs with about a bi-weekly charge cycle. B-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR width=100% color=#333333 SIZE=1></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->

Similiar case for me except:
I have had this one shaver for 5 years and I always leave it plugged in. It started slowing down and when I took it with me on vacation 3 weeks ago (unplugged of course); the thing stopped completely. After I got back home I plugged it in, checked it 24 hours later and it works like it did when I got it.
Brothers of the Leaf
Online cigar community