Find those expired and deleting domains.

Hack your OS, customize your GUI, announce great software, and configure, configure, configure...

Find those expired and deleting domains.

Postby RedRage » 10/21/11, 8:11 pm

Domain Shopping's list of expiring domains. Updated nightly.

Currently checks for .com, .net, .org, .biz and .us domains tens of thousands of domains are released to the public for re-registration every day many of them already have traffic.

I initially made it for personal use but I simply cannot afford to register dozens of domains every so it is available to the public.
RedRage
BIG GIANT HEAD I Get Free Beer

Postby Don_U » 10/22/11, 12:51 pm

nice Red
I never look back, dahling, it distracts from the now -Edna Mode
Beware of men in white vans at the freeway off ramps selling discount America. It is defective,
contains lead, and is not made here.
Robotic Undertones
Don_U
Senior Member I Get Free Beer
Senior Member I Get Free Beer

Postby RedRage » 10/23/11, 2:11 am

ty don.

I have another one that i'm about half done with that will try to give a basic guestimation on a domains value... I just gota throw some testing at it and put it in a website. Hopefully it'll be ready by Wednesday
RedRage

Postby Gerry » 10/23/11, 3:08 am

That's awesome, thanks a heap. Just needs a search now :)
I answer rhetorical questions for my own enjoyment.
Gerry

Postby RedRage » 10/23/11, 5:09 am

it has one.. but its fairly limited

Search Here
RedRage

Postby Gerry » 10/23/11, 6:56 am

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gerry

Postby Gerry » 10/23/11, 7:15 am

So what's the best way to get one of these domains that's pending delete?
Gerry

Postby RedRage » 10/23/11, 6:29 pm

the best way, get something like SnapNames to grab it up for you. there are a few companies that will try to grab them up as soon as they become available each having different fees from around $30-$70 but that usually includes the registration fee as well.

I usually don't do that though unless it is something I have plans for. I usually just sit around between 1:45 and 3pm est waiting for them to drop and try to get them. I've gotten quite a few this way and it saves overhead.

I plan on adding more TLD's to it latter on I just keep getting distracted
RedRage

Postby Gerry » 10/24/11, 3:31 am

RedRage wrote:the best way, get something like SnapNames to grab it up for you. there are a few companies that will try to grab them up as soon as they become available each having different fees from around $30-$70 but that usually includes the registration fee as well.

I usually don't do that though unless it is something I have plans for. I usually just sit around between 1:45 and 3pm est waiting for them to drop and try to get them. I've gotten quite a few this way and it saves overhead.

I plan on adding more TLD's to it latter on I just keep getting distracted

Sorry I'm a total noob when it comes to registering domains, I only attempted my first registration yesterday, it was an old domain that a friend gave me but which I accidentally lost. However due to you reminding me (thank you), I checked again yesterday and it was available once more.

So when you say you sit around between 1:45 and 3pm waiting for them to drop, how do you know when they have dropped, doesn't their status on a whois change to dropped or something? Also if using this method does it mean you don't use snapnames for this and instead just use an regular registry such as dynadot, godaddy etc?
Gerry

Postby RedRage » 10/24/11, 6:28 pm

Yeah pretty much watching whois. Watch the Status field. If it says pendingDelete that means it is set to be deleted with in 5 days. the ones on domain shopping have been counted down to the day.

Also check the exipire date, if it is a year from today then someone already grabbed it. Along with status if it is addperiod then someone grabbed it.

.com/.net/.org usually start being dropped around 2pm est. I'm not 100%sure on the others but people usually don't jump on those as fast unless it is something like xsex.us ;-)

I'm not sure if there is a specific order they are dropped but the process of dropping .coms is usually done by 3ish. i was trying to figure it out but with 70k+ domains dropping everyday I gave up.

If you REALLY want a domain use snap names or something similar. If you know who the registrar is that is dropping it try using their system. For example if it is a GoDaddy name, go to the GoDaddy auctions, you might be able to pick it up there for $5 + registration fees (should be no more than $20) and you will have a better chance of getting it.

I know there are 3 domains that i lost because I was to busy getting drunk that i would love to have back but doubt they'll go unregistered ever again >.<
RedRage

Postby Gerry » 10/25/11, 8:06 pm

Thanks for the advice Red, really helpful. :)

edit: hahaha, I just looked at the domains you have registered as shown on domain shopping. You managed to pick up some funny domains!
Gerry

Postby RedRage » 10/25/11, 9:24 pm

np and yeah :-) the one i just coudln't resist and i had a coupon for a $1 domain :-)
RedRage

Postby Gerry » 10/28/11, 5:54 am

Can I ask where you are getting the expired domains lists?
Gerry

Postby RedRage » 10/28/11, 7:20 pm

many of them com from pool.com. I got other lists I am working on integrating but got distracted. After Halloween I should be getting back to it to add some other TLDs. Just some little stupid errors i need to fix.

Off the top of my head Snapnames and name.com both have drop lists available.
RedRage

Return to Own The Machine