Might be useful -- pdf to jpg

Hack your OS, customize your GUI, announce great software, and configure, configure, configure...

Might be useful -- pdf to jpg

Postby bob » 03/15/11, 2:38 pm

A new freeware converter lets users convert PDF documents to images which they can use for OCR or when ever required.

Today PDFJPG.com announces PDF To JPG, a new windows freeware which helps users to convert the documents in PDF format to 5 image formats like JPG, TIF, BMP, PNG, and GIF. The utility states to be 160% faster than all the other PDF converters. Now PDF To JPG is totally free and available on the official site: http://www.pdfjpg.com

PDF to JPG was created to assist users to convert PDF documents into JPG, TIF or the other image formats mentioned above and get images which they can use when ever required. It is also useful when Optical Character Recognition (OCR) is to be done. OCR comes in handy when books or documents needed to be coded into electronic files, to convert the record keeping system in electronic or computerized form and activities of similar type. The PDF to JPG application is a convenient tool enabling users to perform a variety of transformations of documents.

As a practical application, PDF To JPG supports the batch mode allowing users to turn myriads of PDF documents into images at a single time. It is extremely user friendly; most of all it does not require Adobe Acrobat or other third-party software, making conversions all the more quicker and easier in only 3 clicks. This makes it a must have. Plus, it also enables the users to convert the DPI (Dots per inch) setting for having a finer image result. PDF to JPG has not even a single spyware and adware attached to it, 100% clean and safe.

Read more about the program and download at http://www.pdfjpg.com

Pricing and Availability

PDF To JPG is a freeware utility and charges no cost. The program runs on Microsoft Windows Me, 2000, XP, Vista or 7, including X64 versions.
WYSIWTF
bob
BIG GIANT HEAD I Get Free Beer

Postby JohnT » 03/17/11, 7:27 am

Another little known fact about Irfanview......the abiliy to convert .pdf to images. Your mentioned application looks a little more user friendly for this one-off. You have to know your way around Irfanview to accomplish this.
"A man may be a fool and not know it, but not if he is married."
JohnT

Postby RedRage » 03/17/11, 5:46 pm

Thought you could do it with acrobat reader too?

Had pro for so long i can't remember
RedRage

Postby RedDog » 03/17/11, 9:05 pm

Print Screen button usually works for me. :wink:
RedDog
Member ****

Postby bob » 03/17/11, 9:41 pm

HEY, DOG. long time...
WYSIWTF
bob

Postby JohnT » 03/17/11, 9:42 pm

RedDog wrote:Print Screen button usually works for me. :wink:
Yea! I especially like the batch mode.
"A man may be a fool and not know it, but not if he is married."
JohnT

Postby RedDog » 03/21/11, 8:59 pm

Hi guys, I am always lurking (still).

Actually the print screen method can be quicker than you might expect if you have one of those programs that allows you a huge multi-page clipboard. I have used that method to clean up some crappy scans of manuals found on line by dropping 10 pages a time in to Photoshop.

I was of course being facetious and a bit cheap :wink:

Just waiting for a Phoenix to rises from the ashes.
Regards RedDog

I may be barking and I am quite mad but fortunately this dog rarely bites
RedDog
Member ****

Postby RedRage » 03/22/11, 3:57 pm

Yeah Red i've done that too. A LOT of ad agencys liked to send us CMYK images with black that was CMY and very little K.

After many phone calls I decided it was quicker to fix it myself than continue to try to explain why black by mixing four colors is bad. after about a year we found a program that fixed much of it for us but still lots to fix... anyway...

yeah print screen did the job for me a few times on some troubled PDFs but if you are working with a poster size image you just got to make sure you have it zoomed to 100% first.

with photoshop you can also just open the pdf. it "usually" renders it correctly. still loading something from the clip board would be faster :-)

I'd just continue using acrobat pro if possible though.
RedRage

Postby RedDog » 07/23/11, 12:33 pm

I just tried that software. I thought it might be handy for a very big PDF I had where all the pages had been scanned somewhat askew. I wanted to straighten them up. Damn thing did half the doc and then asked for a registration code. That's not freeware! Did not convert at a scale good enough to be read by my OCR software. despite the fact that it is as readable in PDF as normal computer text.

Back to 'print screen' again.
Regards RedDog

I may be barking and I am quite mad but fortunately this dog rarely bites
RedDog
Member ****

Return to Own The Machine