Redwire or Mouser

Hack your OS, customize your GUI, announce great software, and configure, configure, configure...
Don_U
Senior Member I Get Free Beer

Redwire or Mouser

Post by Don_U » 08/06/10, 9:04 am

I was struck by the black box replacement shell and it not working in Vista. Brought an idea for a program.

DLL version checker tracks all dlls and alerts you and changes in dll versions. Power users and admins alike are constantly pulling their hair out because
M$ and some apps replace dlls without you knowing
that the dll version has changed and with it the API functionality and how it relates to it's relative dependent dll paths. Sort of like dependency walker for dll versions.

It would be a good field tool.
I never look back, dahling, it distracts from the now -Edna Mode
Beware of men in white vans at the freeway off ramps selling discount America. It is defective,
contains lead, and is not made here.
Robotic Undertones

cuttheredwire
BIG GIANT HEAD I Get Free Beer
BIG GIANT HEAD I Get Free Beer

Post by cuttheredwire » 08/17/10, 8:12 pm

Hmm... Out of curiousity, which bb branch did you use? I'm fairly certain some versions should work under Vista.
(• ShellCity's Second Banana •• Skinnables's Newsie •)

Don_U

Post by Don_U » 08/23/10, 10:30 am

I was inspired by this post:

SECONDSHELL .......... Add tricks and features of the blackbox shell to the default one. "A couple of years ago back at the win2k times I’ve been using a great shell replacement called Blackbox for windows. Ever-since I stopped using it, (does not run well on Vista) I’ve been missing its great features." .....(free).....GO THERE!
I never look back, dahling, it distracts from the now -Edna Mode
Beware of men in white vans at the freeway off ramps selling discount America. It is defective,
contains lead, and is not made here.
Robotic Undertones