RESTORE INF INSTALL FUNCTION

Hack your OS, customize your GUI, announce great software, and configure, configure, configure...

Postby dogged » 12/21/01, 5:16 pm

how do i restore the inf install function in win98se? it just disappeared after windoze reported that it could not access the registry and restored a registry that stayed the same for about 100 boots. but then it stole my inf install function. i tried some .reg software that cahnges the registry but it does not restore the right-click explorer install option. i tried to do it manually after getting info on a support site but no luck. can someone help please?
dogged

Postby JohnT » 12/25/01, 6:24 pm

Been awhile since I used 98, but if you'll boot up into the command prompt and type in "scanreg/restore"(without quotes) it will bring up a dialogue and give you at least 5 choices to restore. Choose the one that will give you the most optimazation. You can find more about the Scanreg.exe option by utilizing the Win helpfiles and do a search for it in the index.
JohnT
BIG GIANT HEAD I Get Free Beer

Postby Guest » 12/31/01, 9:04 am

You can use TweakUI to fix this.Click on the repair tab then the downward arrow and choose "Repair Associations.The dialog at the bottom mentions this very problem.

Postby bob » 12/31/01, 10:24 am

You get a point for that one Anon. Thanks.
bob

Return to Own The Machine