RESTORE INF INSTALL FUNCTION

Hack your OS, customize your GUI, announce great software, and configure, configure, configure...
dogged

Post by dogged » 12/21/01, 5:16 pm

how do i restore the inf install function in win98se? it just disappeared after windoze reported that it could not access the registry and restored a registry that stayed the same for about 100 boots. but then it stole my inf install function. i tried some .reg software that cahnges the registry but it does not restore the right-click explorer install option. i tried to do it manually after getting info on a support site but no luck. can someone help please?

JohnT
BIG GIANT HEAD I Get Free Beer

Post by JohnT » 12/25/01, 6:24 pm

Been awhile since I used 98, but if you'll boot up into the command prompt and type in "scanreg/restore"(without quotes) it will bring up a dialogue and give you at least 5 choices to restore. Choose the one that will give you the most optimazation. You can find more about the Scanreg.exe option by utilizing the Win helpfiles and do a search for it in the index.

Post by Guest » 12/31/01, 9:04 am

You can use TweakUI to fix this.Click on the repair tab then the downward arrow and choose "Repair Associations.The dialog at the bottom mentions this very problem.

bob

Post by bob » 12/31/01, 10:24 am

You get a point for that one Anon. Thanks.