Linking dissimilar files

Hack your OS, customize your GUI, announce great software, and configure, configure, configure...
Pic

Linking dissimilar files

Post by Pic » 07/14/08, 9:11 pm

I'm working on a photographic slide show. At present, I have heaps of photos in jpg format, 10 percent of which will make it into the final product. As my client and I go through the pictures, I'm making notes in txt files and sometimes audio files that describe their content. These will be used in making our selections.

What I'd like to be able to do is somehow link or attach the resulting txt and wav (or mp3) files to the jpg's they're associated with. Impossible?

Thanks in advance,
Pic

bob
BIG GIANT HEAD I Get Free Beer

Post by bob » 07/15/08, 12:42 am

what do you mean by "link"? What is it you want to do with the link?

You could just give them both the same name, different extension....
WYSIWTF

Pic

Post by Pic » 07/15/08, 4:55 pm

I guess what I really want to do is to be able to have more than the 255 characters Windows gives you in the Comments field of the Summary tab of a file's Properties window. I figure a txt file would be the best way to do that, but I want the convenience of right-clicking. :oops:

bob

Post by bob » 07/15/08, 9:58 pm

So you want to right click on one file and have both the jpg and the txt files displayed?
WYSIWTF

Pic

Post by Pic » 07/16/08, 8:48 pm

Something like that. Though that's all moot now. I found a wonderful freeware program called Fototagger that allows you to annotate photos. Thanks for your good intentions, but my problem's half solved (the other half being, how to link to a sound file from a photo).