I'm back ya'll...

Hack your OS, customize your GUI, announce great software, and configure, configure, configure...
Milliemac01

I'm back ya'll...

Post by Milliemac01 » 07/03/08, 12:17 am

Hi guys! Long time no hear. Where is Sloppygoat these days?

I have a question for you. I need to capture just a few seconds of video from a dvd, to use in a motion background menu of a dvd.

I have not the foggiest idea of how to do that. Is there some software, preferably freeware, that will allow me to do that?

Thanks for your help and I have missed you all so much.
Milliemac01

JohnT
BIG GIANT HEAD I Get Free Beer

Post by JohnT » 07/03/08, 9:08 am

As a long time member of this board, but not always present, why does your name escape me? You profile contends this is you first and only post. Would you care to enlighten one about your professed
I have missed you all so much
"A man may be a fool and not know it, but not if he is married."

bob

Post by bob » 07/03/08, 2:14 pm

I remember you millie - you were here during the time I regarded John as Prodigal. What's with the profile? Lose your old password?

I wonder if Windows Movie Maker could capture your vid? Not sure what format a dvd is in, but if not one of the formats that work in movie maker, then you'll need a conversion utility.

If not, then just google "capture dvd" believe me, something is out there....
WYSIWTF

Milliemac01

Yep, I lost my password

Post by Milliemac01 » 07/03/08, 5:55 pm

sigh. I found a great little freeware application last night and was able to capture what I needed. I was just Milliemac before, but since I lost my password and no longer have the email address I used to have, well, I had to come back as Millimac01.

it's good to be back. Just so you, that while I was gone I didn't venture out into any other forums.

They just aren't the same as yours.

with love
milliemac