Minefield/3.0a8pre

Hack your OS, customize your GUI, announce great software, and configure, configure, configure...

Minefield/3.0a8pre

Postby JohnT » 08/04/07, 11:25 pm

Does anyone have any thoughts on the 3.0 Firefox release. I've downloaded it and installed. Not long enough as of yet for any appreciable comments. Nothing negative either.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a8pre) Gecko/2007080405 Minefield/3.0a8pre
"A man may be a fool and not know it, but not if he is married."
JohnT
BIG GIANT HEAD I Get Free Beer

Postby aktiwers » 08/05/07, 12:31 am

Are there any Linux .deb's out yet? :)
aktiwers
Senior<BR>Member

Postby JohnT » 08/05/07, 12:52 am

Here's a list of builds available on the nightlybuild ftp site.
Unless someone has compiled and uploaded a .deb package somewhere (you might check Ubuntu's Forums)
you will have to build it yourself. Earlier builds were named "firefox-granparadiso".
JohnT

Postby bob » 08/05/07, 2:12 am

I just upped to 2 a few weeks ago, so don't rush me...

If you have 3 though, could you turn it on Daily Rotation for a few minutes and see if it works ok. I got some complaints about it not properly displaying in 2, but I was never able to track down a problem. Might have been related to the noscripts extension... just don't know.
WYSIWTF
bob

Postby JohnT » 08/05/07, 5:02 am

I don't see anything untoward on that page with version 2 or 3 Bob. Nothing obvious that is.
JohnT

Postby bob » 08/05/07, 3:00 pm

From what I gather, it just wasn't loading at all, meaning the php wasn't working... (the page loads fine and works--to a degree, fewer features-- without javascript)

Heard it from about 5 users, but couldn't replicate it. I think it was right when FF v. 2 came out, or one of its subsequent builds... But I really have no further info. Users said it worked in IE, but not FF. Haven't gotten any complaints for quite a while now.

Thanks for checking it out for me...
WYSIWTF
bob

Postby RedRage » 08/05/07, 4:00 pm

last time i used a pre-release of a mozilla product i got burnt. one out of a billion times isn't bad but still sucks lol

any new features? smaller memory foot print? say yes and i'll love you long time
RedRage

Postby JohnT » 08/05/07, 8:47 pm

Not really any new features that are blatantly obvious. Compliance and under the hood fixes at this point. Smaller memory on my machine......no big stride though...about 75-80% of previous 2.0 build. Could be more or less. I haven't let it run long enough at one time yet. Crashed on some sites but that has been very few.....about 3 out of a few thousand pages at this point.Talkback wasn't working in this build. I'm upgrading to the next build later today.
JohnT

Return to Own The Machine