Windows XP STEALS 20% of YOUR BANDWIDTH?

Hack your OS, customize your GUI, announce great software, and configure, configure, configure...

Postby SOD » 03/04/07, 9:30 am

LOL change your user name to snowman
It is better to be here than there - SOD
SOD
BIG GIANT HEAD I Get Free Beer

Postby RedRage » 03/06/07, 1:21 pm

the ms courses are always harder than the tests. well used to be when i was going for them. come to think of it so where the Cisco and CompTia's.
RedRage

Postby SloppyGoat » 03/22/07, 9:32 pm

Not the Exchange test. Ask anyone who's taken it. It's one of the toughest. I've talked to a lot of people who barely passed it.
Does anybody really know what time it is?
The Grey Area - Tweaking Obsession
SloppyGoat

Postby RedRage » 03/23/07, 1:28 pm

you got me there. never went for exchange. maybe cause i hate it so much :roll:
RedRage

Postby SOD » 03/23/07, 7:57 pm

It is a fact of life in so many offices that use MS business products....They market exchange when they could as easily market SQL. It is all about the price point.

What I can't stand is ppl who use excel to store and share data. Drives me nuts. "No for the last time I'm not writing an app that inports and exports to excel. What B.S.
SOD

Postby SloppyGoat » 03/28/07, 1:03 am

SQL? You do know that Exchange is an email server, and SQL is a database, right?

There is a reason most corps use MS systems. Microsoft is still the most complete solution to everything. I'd love to see you try to get out of office assistant to work with anything else. As much as you hate to hear it, nobody does what MS does better. They either have, or integrate, with almost anything out there, right out of the box. Let's see you set up a complete Linux corporate network with all the functionality that MS has. Then, if you manage to actually do it (I doubt it's even possible), let's see you train the entire company to use the workstations. They'll probably look at you like you're from Mars. :lol:

[ot]As for the job I had....well that didn't work out. The asshole sprang this ridiculous 3 year contract on me (which we'd never discussed) and when I questioned him on some of the terms, he fired me. So, I'm back to job groveling again. :? That's ok. I didn't want to work for someone who is that sneaky anyway. He tried to pull some bullshit on me, and I didn't go for it. The guy is a politician wanna be, on a city counsil and shit. He sold me that job just like politicians sell their plans....by not quite explaining things fully, and making it seem like a sweeter deal than it really is. :roll:[/ot]
SloppyGoat

Postby SOD » 03/28/07, 9:21 am

yeah MS is the way to go for the office. It's too bad but with all the MS products for office such as Great Plains etc
MS has a death grip on what ppl see as their core UI experience.

As for not knowing the difference between exchange as a server and SQL as a DB. Memories become blurred at times.

You don't want to work for anyone like that.
SOD

Postby RedRage » 03/29/07, 12:29 pm

there are plenty of Groupware apps out there. MS prolly does have the best over all for a company that does use most of the features. But if you are just using messaging and the calender then there are plenty of cheaper options out there. heck where I work we pretty much just use GMail

There are a few Linux Exchange server clones that can do a lot of the same things as MS and even intergrate into outlook but i've never used them because well i don't like exchange lol
RedRage

Postby SloppyGoat » 04/12/07, 12:00 am

SOD wrote:You don't want to work for anyone like that.

Yeah, I know. He's a politician wanna be. You know how politicians always tell you half the story, to make it sound better. Well, that's exactly what this guy seemed to do. He called everything an "oversight." Everything about the entire job was an oversight, right down to him forgetting to sign my last and only paycheck. :roll:
SloppyGoat

Previous

Return to Own The Machine