Google Ends Search Traffic to Parked Domain Names

Almost anything goes -- politics of tech, humor, the internet.... Looks like we're gonna be here for a while....

Google Ends Search Traffic to Parked Domain Names

Postby bob » 12/05/11, 5:44 pm

A new Google algorithm update heralds the end of Google traffic to parked domain names. Many domainers and webmasters usually park hundreds of keyword rich domain names and monetize them through advertising programs like GoDaddy Cash Parking and Google Adsense for Domains......

Now Google is set to change all that … and parked domain names will get much lower search engine traffic it seems. This will seriously affect all domain parking income for people who target this monetization strategy.

http://www.quickonlinetips.com/archives ... ain-names/
WYSIWTF
bob
BIG GIANT HEAD I Get Free Beer

Postby RedRage » 12/05/11, 7:11 pm

even better it is a set back for those using adwords too :-/
RedRage

Postby bob » 12/05/11, 7:49 pm

So you mean it'll help those using the ad services on real pages, not parked domains? That's the way I read it....
WYSIWTF
bob

Postby RedRage » 12/05/11, 8:22 pm

people who get to parked pages are more likely to click on the ads to get what the where actually looking for. Also less exposure for the advertisers whether the ad gets clicked on or not. (in other words) the average advertiser does not care where the ad is shown as long as it brings results.

Along with the increased rates for .com's starting next year, many parking domineers will be looking for new pastures.

Even better, parking sites like Sedo use Google for their advertisements.
RedRage

Return to Free Beer