Increase learning capacity dramatically with 9 volt battery

Almost anything goes -- politics of tech, humor, the internet.... Looks like we're gonna be here for a while....

Increase learning capacity dramatically with 9 volt battery

Postby bob » 04/30/11, 1:34 am

Seems legit---

Increase learning capacity dramatically with 9 volt battery:

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2 ... 602,00.asp
WYSIWTF
bob
BIG GIANT HEAD I Get Free Beer

Postby Don_U » 04/30/11, 11:48 am

Reminds me of ionization for speaker wire. That speaker wire has no flow or direction for electricity to travel in and that the sound will improve with use over time as the speaker wire ionizes or maintains a continuity of direction.

The external discharge from 2ma would disrupt that local synaptic ionization ...wonder what the long term effect of repeated use would do? How would neurotransmitters and receptors respond and adapt to a small part of the pathways being 'rerouted' by an external signal that is not systemic. Yikes!
I never look back, dahling, it distracts from the now -Edna Mode
Beware of men in white vans at the freeway off ramps selling discount America. It is defective,
contains lead, and is not made here.
Robotic Undertones
Don_U
Senior Member I Get Free Beer

Postby RedDog » 04/30/11, 6:52 pm

Reminds me of ionization for speaker wire. That speaker wire has no flow or direction for electricity to travel in and that the sound will improve with use over time as the speaker wire ionizes or maintains a continuity of direction.

Bull! Absolute crap put out by people trying to sell idiots bits of wire at stupid prices. Please tell me you don't actually believe this. It is pure voodoo like 90% of what HiFi buffs believe is true.
Regards RedDog

I may be barking and I am quite mad but fortunately this dog rarely bites
RedDog
Member ****

Postby JohnT » 05/01/11, 3:22 pm

He,he! :lol:
"A man may be a fool and not know it, but not if he is married."
JohnT

Postby bob » 05/01/11, 4:34 pm

the sound will improve with use over time as the speaker wire ionizes or maintains a continuity of direction.

Doesn't seem to jibe with any physics I've seen...
WYSIWTF
bob

Postby JohnT » 05/02/11, 12:47 am

bob wrote:
the sound will improve with use over time as the speaker wire ionizes or maintains a continuity of direction.

Doesn't seem to jibe with any physics I've seen...

Au contraire! It is well known in the tin-foil industry. :P
"A man may be a fool and not know it, but not if he is married."
JohnT

Postby Don_U » 05/04/11, 10:25 am

I have taken wire kits home to test. There is a difference but.....

The amount you have to spend in equipment to hear that difference is considerable. What you pay for in wire has to do with inductance. You can 'flavor' a transducer with small changes in inductance and to a lesser extent capacitance. They do it in guitar pickups and interconnects all the time. Although a small figure in wire specs inductance has to do with low freq output and your commitment to accurate as possible pulse response for fundamental frequencies within the audio spectrum.

I think at this point just a handful of people understand this as complex systemics.

The ionization I was speaking of has to do with the dielectric absorption of the case and its effect on inductance.

So like with that 9volt thing it would modify native hysteresis and EMF. With humans this is also true,
things in motion stay in motion.
Beware of men in white vans at the freeway off ramps selling discount America. It is defective,
Robotic Undertones
Don_U

Postby RedDog » 05/04/11, 11:17 pm

Like I said Voodoo!

No point in trying to argue with someone who mixes science with gibberish so well.

Unless your speakers are 400 foot plus from your amp the minute differences in inductance and capacitance between a $1 cable and a $1,000 dollar cable are undetectable.

Thicker cable is better than thin and copper is better than copper coated steel, but even using pure silver or gold cables the difference to the sound is undetectable by the human ear.

What most HiFi duffs think is a purer sound is actually harmonic distortion, which makes the sound appear better, but is in fact less true to the original sound as recorded. It is the same effect as achieved by choirs deliberately singing harmonies or overdubbing in the studio or why you think you sound great singing in the bath.

Forty plus years of playing with sound systems, in studios and in radio and laughing my socks off at how someone plays thousands of dollars for an amp I could build myself for less than ten with all the same valves. Solid state tends to be too harsh for HiFi but valves make everything too mellow and add hundreds of times the distortion. Valve are also much less temperature stable, but at least they look cool. Cables with arrows on just say "Sucker".

By the way vinyl sucks too.
Regards RedDog

I may be barking and I am quite mad but fortunately this dog rarely bites
RedDog
Member ****

Postby Don_U » 05/05/11, 12:42 am

Ever hear of Macintosh?
300 watt mono block?
class A tubes?

You can hear a difference but you need reference equipment to appreciate it. There is difference between street and Nascar. The spark plug wires in your Kia are not the ones in Jimmie Johnson's stock car.

But that is the point, you need to have top notch everything to appreciate good spark plug wires. So most do not ever experience the difference.

BTW the small amount of inductance produced affects the crossover (load and phase) not the speaker.

You are wrong about silver not having better audio properties. Using silver foil conductor, polypropylene dielectric cap in crossovers makes a audible diference
in the high end. The signal remains uniform over a longer decay.

But all of this drives the idea that the ideal motor here
is one that has linear decay over time and has the dynamics to produce the signal or pulse response.
Robotic Undertones
Don_U

Postby Don_U » 05/05/11, 1:32 am

BTW I use these guys for wire:

http://www.analysis-plus.com/prod_main.html

Engineering company that makes wire and can proof their performance. Big with the pros and USA made.

heh heh I use the 12/2 in wall cable good workmanship
and @ 120.00 for 6ft. a spectacular buy. While not silver the cable itself is stable and bass reproduction is very good.
Robotic Undertones
Don_U

Return to Free Beer