Almost anything goes -- politics of tech, humor, the internet.... Looks like we're gonna be here for a while....

Postby Don_U » 01/18/11, 9:30 pm

http://www.w3.org/html/logo/index.html

Just freaking pathetic there is a javascript INLINE with content!

Jackasses, nothing is going to change.
I never look back, dahling, it distracts from the now -Edna Mode
Beware of men in white vans at the freeway off ramps selling discount America. It is defective,
contains lead, and is not made here.
Robotic Undertones
Don_U
Senior Member I Get Free Beer

Postby bob » 01/19/11, 12:05 am

heh!
WYSIWTF
bob
BIG GIANT HEAD I Get Free Beer

Postby Don_U » 01/19/11, 1:28 pm

They also wish to cease calling it HTML5 and just call it HTML.

They recently added a 'section' element. So now we have a 'div' 'article' or 'section' not to mention 'aside' and 'nav'.

To me the thing that is hypocritical is that 4-5 years or so the big thing was to not have unnecessary markup e.g. 'divitus'. You can call all those other tags anything you want they are still divs!

It is the 'Dreamweaver' spec.
Beware of men in white vans at the freeway off ramps selling discount America. It is defective,
Robotic Undertones
Don_U

Postby RedRage » 01/19/11, 4:57 pm

eh I don't know if they could just call it HTML. the HTML i know from 10 years ago is light years different (but still works thank god hehe)

I take it you don't like dreamweaver? I played with it when i got my CS3 suite didn't have much of an opinion on it.. liked beans better for what i was doing.
RedRage

Postby Don_U » 01/21/11, 6:30 pm

It should be simpler Red. Instead of having atomic elements like we do now and id's or classes to describe the elements. they wish to name elements insert rules
and make one set of markup for everyone. :roll:

Ian Hickson, the editor had data that 97% of the web is invalid. What makes him think that that is going to change with a new spec? BTW that was an argument being used at the time.

An interview here:
http://www.webstandards.org/2009/05/13/ ... ification/

also:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/01/19/html5_logo/

They are creating a liturgy. Now they wish to call all HTML just HTML which is a move to shove it in our faces.
They are afraid to call it HTML5 because it will go the way of Atom, a spec that was supposedly going to replace RSS. That did not flower as though they would have hoped for. Given a choice ppl use RSS. They wish to put us in a place where we don't have a choice. An edict is different than a spec.

LOL I digress
Dreamweaver is a WYSIWYG editor. HTML5 seems to want everyone to use WYSIWYG. It is confining BULLSHIT.

But what can you expect it is being edited by a spec editor. They are useless, give me working code anytime.
Robotic Undertones
Don_U

Return to Free Beer