Netflix....

Almost anything goes -- politics of tech, humor, the internet.... Looks like we're gonna be here for a while....
bob
BIG GIANT HEAD I Get Free Beer

Netflix....

Post by bob » 12/20/10, 4:37 pm

I don't need no torrentz. I'm pretty much satisfied with Netflix, and Pandora (Try "surf music" channel on Pandora, or better yet, Link Wray -- my favorite)

BTW, I'm a few seasons into Lexx, but have to hold off on that for a while.

Tried IT Crowd, but unless it gets better after the first 3 episodes, I'll pass. Same for Red Dwarf.

I am looking at British movies a lot these days. Especially gangster and police thrillers. Finished the Red Riding series....
WYSIWTF

RedRage

Re: Netflix....

Post by RedRage » 12/20/10, 9:11 pm

bob wrote:I don't need no torrentz. I'm pretty much satisfied with Netflix, and Pandora (Try "surf music" channel on Pandora, or better yet, Link Wray -- my favorite)

BTW, I'm a few seasons into Lexx, but have to hold off on that for a while.

Tried IT Crowd, but unless it gets better after the first 3 episodes, I'll pass. Same for Red Dwarf.

I am looking at British movies a lot these days. Especially gangster and police thrillers. Finished the Red Riding series....
i'm with you Bob i'm happy with netflix, cheap and no legal issues have cropped up :-)

They have the Hitchhikers guide series from the 80s i think on there as well.

I don't understand why you don't like the IT Crowd. I guess each to their own, i thought it was great. Season 2 gets more of a budget.

Gerry

Re: Netflix....

Post by Gerry » 12/20/10, 9:45 pm

bob wrote:I don't need no torrentz. I'm pretty much satisfied with Netflix, and Pandora (Try "surf music" channel on Pandora, or better yet, Link Wray -- my favorite)
Both USA only services.
bob wrote:Tried IT Crowd, but unless it gets better after the first 3 episodes, I'll pass. Same for Red Dwarf.
If you didn't like episode 1, you should have stopped. I don't like Red Dwarf either (and it's very dated now anyway) but loved IT crowd. Still, if it's not for you, then it's not for you.
I answer rhetorical questions for my own enjoyment.

bob

Post by bob » 12/20/10, 11:15 pm

I don't understand why you don't like the IT Crowd.
No offense, but the characters are just clowns. There is No Character Development at all as far as I can see. Their only attribute is they are nerds in need of women. They do stupid things. The laugh track thinks it's funny, but if I were an IT guy, I'd be offended at being characterized this way. The girl's a little better -- but not much.

(You should still try Link Wray http://www.google.com/search?q=link+wra ... CEkQqwQwAg

I have recently also come to love Rockabilly.
WYSIWTF

RedRage

Post by RedRage » 12/21/10, 2:58 am

I guess I can relate to IT crowd... my first IT job was a similar enviroment... the next wasn't much different either.. come to think of it all where pretty similar.

in a 6 episode season.. there isn't going to be much in the way of development

bob

Post by bob » 12/21/10, 3:15 am

maybe I'm missing something.... But take another look at that first episode, Red. Maybe it gets better later on. I watched the first 3.
WYSIWTF

Gerry

Post by Gerry » 12/21/10, 2:45 pm

I agree with Red. I and most of my Perth based IT friends relate to the characters a great deal.

> but if I were an IT guy, I'd be offended at being characterized this way

Heh, not in the slightest, I think it's very close to home for either myself or people I know. I suspect the writer knows IT geeks very well, if not one himself. Yeah but seriously, don't watch thinking it will get better as it doesn't really change much at all (other than a better actor for the ceo in the second and third seasons). Sometimes comedy doesn't cross borders. I hear that some aspects of comedy just don't translate well from one culture to another and as such comedians usually change their act depending on the audience. I guess that's why they tried to make an Americanized version of The IT Crowd. For instance, I don't find Aqua Teens Hunger Force to be all that funny, but if I remember right, you loved it.
I answer rhetorical questions for my own enjoyment.

RedRage

Post by RedRage » 12/21/10, 7:30 pm

Gerry wrote:I agree with Red. I and most of my Perth based IT friends relate to the characters a great deal.

> but if I were an IT guy, I'd be offended at being characterized this way

Heh, not in the slightest, I think it's very close to home for either myself or people I know. I suspect the writer knows IT geeks very well, if not one himself. Yeah but seriously, don't watch thinking it will get better as it doesn't really change much at all (other than a better actor for the ceo in the second and third seasons). Sometimes comedy doesn't cross borders. I hear that some aspects of comedy just don't translate well from one culture to another and as such comedians usually change their act depending on the audience. I guess that's why they tried to make an Americanized version of The IT Crowd. For instance, I don't find Aqua Teens Hunger Force to be all that funny, but if I remember right, you loved it.
what he said.

What can i say, if you don't like it you don't like it not everyone likes Sparkles on vampires but hey to each their own.

bob

Post by bob » 12/21/10, 7:35 pm

Good enough.....
WYSIWTF