Interesting and Informative

Almost anything goes -- politics of tech, humor, the internet.... Looks like we're gonna be here for a while....

Interesting and Informative

Postby bob » 12/14/10, 7:52 pm

WYSIWTF
bob
BIG GIANT HEAD I Get Free Beer

Postby Don_U » 12/15/10, 3:07 am

Good take on it except that conservative ppl don't like elevator speeches. To them they are intrusive and typically they can not ramp up to concepts like that.

"Bloviators and professional obscurantists can confuse the basic contours of reality by stringing daisy chains of selective facts into dark webs of bigotry and paranoia. Yet ask them to boil down their conspiracy theories, nebulous prejudices, and voodoo economics to an elevator pitch and they’ll crumble."

This is very common with clients in the conservative Midwest.

Walked into a potential client today had a mockup in hand that saved the small business $15.00 in hosting
a month and put them on Amazon servers with merchant services at their volume the cost per is 3% +.30 which is competitive since the need for a ssl cert is no longer needed. I reduced a myriad of 'branding' to one iconic symbol and component colors of their store front and since they also do wholesale the masthead included the iconic along with basic business information (address phone) this also included the second part second part of their name. For some reason
ppl here use proper nouns as adjectives as their name for things, it is usually big ass and long. They also did not think that "Sample sip taste and enjoy" which is a unique descriptor on the web 'sounded like them'. Any emotional triggers seemed to turn them off. Which is odd since coffee is tied to comfort and gratification.

Any way since I lost you the point is what if the client
is "Bloviators and professional obscurantists"? "Bigotry and paranoia" is the order of the day.

I should know this, after 52 years just walk away.

The pitch was only 5-10min long. Soon the www will slip away from small business what I can present as good work in Chicago or NYC just doesn't sell here.

Interesting, local blogs here have no comments on them, for a town that has 125,000 ppl they act as though they do not wish to interact.

Good article Bob just weird to be on the other side of it.

Funny my friend Reb Roberts is a wonderful folk artist
he tells me the story of ppl who commission him to paint something. They bring a sample of their wall color (off white) and expect him to match the wall color.

Reb also had to select art with another person for an exhibition he said that the other curator found a cool painting of a colorful elephant had to many colors and refused to exhibit it based on "the colors are too primary" Reb told me this and shook his head.

Welcome to the midwest Taliban same crap different religion.

Thanks for letting me rant beats smoking I guess. Excuse me now must go wrestle demons.
Jeez I could use a smoke. Having cookies instead.
I never look back, dahling, it distracts from the now -Edna Mode
Beware of men in white vans at the freeway off ramps selling discount America. It is defective,
contains lead, and is not made here.
Robotic Undertones
Don_U
Senior Member I Get Free Beer
Senior Member I Get Free Beer

Postby bob » 12/15/10, 3:29 am

Jeez I could use a smoke. Having cookies instead.

These days I'm addicted to "Commit" (Nicotine polacrilex)

www.Nicorette.com
WYSIWTF
bob

Return to Free Beer