Long arm of the record industry

Almost anything goes -- politics of tech, humor, the internet.... Looks like we're gonna be here for a while....

Long arm of the record industry

Postby Don_U » 12/01/10, 10:33 am

http://entertainment.slashdot.org/story ... e?from=rss

"The Supreme Court has refused to hear an 'innocent infringement case' in which Whitney Harper shared some music on the family computer when she was a teenager and was subsequently hit with a lawsuit from the RIAA."

RIAA screws the artist contractually. The record industry screws radio and vice versa and we wonder why good music never gets air play and record stores go under?

So while we are at it the FTC should look into how Citadel communications was able to buy ABC Radio then file for bankruptcy? WTF is that?

Radio and the record industry shot themselves in the foot. Assholes.
I never look back, dahling, it distracts from the now -Edna Mode
Beware of men in white vans at the freeway off ramps selling discount America. It is defective,
contains lead, and is not made here.
Robotic Undertones
Don_U
Senior Member I Get Free Beer
Senior Member I Get Free Beer

Postby RedRage » 12/01/10, 6:28 pm

I love the comments, they're funny.

we used to have a used record store here in town... it was nice just to go in and talk music... then napster got big and it didn't last long :-(
RedRage
BIG GIANT HEAD I Get Free Beer

Postby Gerry » 12/01/10, 6:44 pm

They'll never learn, they will just keep going the way they are going until they drive their profits into the ground. Some competitor will come around with a relevant business model and clean them up. Only then will they realise, but by this point they will have lost all the control they once had. Same goes for the movie industry.

The games industry are a lot more tech savvy and are able to adapt to the technical change instead of fighting it (although there are still some idiots in that industry too).
I answer rhetorical questions for my own enjoyment.
Gerry

Return to Free Beer