stuffs netflix show too.

Almost anything goes -- politics of tech, humor, the internet.... Looks like we're gonna be here for a while....

stuffs netflix show too.

Postby RedRage » 11/10/10, 4:05 pm

I came back looking for a program figured i'd check the forum... and forgot what the program was i was looking for... BUT...

bob mentioned netflix a while back one of the best shows ever i found on there....

the IT Crowd. watch it.
RedRage
BIG GIANT HEAD I Get Free Beer

Postby bob » 11/10/10, 10:18 pm

booked it. thanks, Red
WYSIWTF
bob

Postby Don » 11/11/10, 6:50 am

That's an Australian made show!
Very funny. I especially like the Moss character.
Another show worth checking out (which doesn't have any canned laughter) is "The Librarians" made for ABC Australia, and it is (I think) even more hilarious.
See ya friends.

p.s.
Really glad Bob decided not to close the site, and to pass the reigns on to CTRW. And I also would like to pass on my greatest admiration and gratitude for Bob's work in keeping the best (by a long margin and without doubt) [no ads,pop-ups, banners, cookies, etc] freeware website and source of good advice on the net for such a long, often thankless period.
Personally I've been a member and coming here without fail for at least 12 years, and have apreciated and enjoyed every one of them.
So, all my best wishes for the future go to Bob, and I hope Red can honour the ambitions of this sites original intentions and keep it going for the next decade with the same dedication that Bob has given it in this great adventure.
Check ya later :)
Don
Senior Member I Get Free Beer

Postby bob » 11/11/10, 2:09 pm

aw, shucks....
WYSIWTF
bob

Postby Gerry » 11/11/10, 5:19 pm

Don wrote:That's an Australian made show!

Ummm... There was an American clone of the show produced, but it pretty much bombed before it aired last time I heard, so unless they brought that back then I don't think so. The version I and most of the world has seen is a British show. Complete with British accents and scenery.

The show was created by the brilliant (Irish) Graham Linehan who also created another amazing show called "Black Books" which is just as worthy of your viewing.
I answer rhetorical questions for my own enjoyment.
Gerry

Postby RedRage » 11/11/10, 5:42 pm

pretty sure it was made in the UK for the BBC but regardless it rocks.

The American version died before filming i believe

season 4 should be on dvd this December.. I'm so excited but i hear it isn't as good as the first few.

black books on netflix?
RedRage

Postby bob » 11/11/10, 6:46 pm

black books on netflix?

Yes, but not streaming.

I finished season 7 of MI-5 a week or so ago. Consistently interesting show. Recommended. Also saw all the Firefly episodes--great fun.

I note that The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, and The Girl Who Played With Fire are both on Netflix streaming now--I also recommend those (My Wife and I just saw the third installment at the theater.... Not up to the first two, but still interesting.)
WYSIWTF
bob

Postby RedRage » 11/11/10, 6:57 pm

bob wrote:
black books on netflix?

Yes, but not streaming.

added thanks the description looks pretty good

bob wrote:I finished season 7 of MI-5 a week or so ago. Consistently interesting show. Recommended. Also saw all the Firefly episodes--great fun.

Firefly another short lived great. I think that is why i enjoyed Starcraft 2 so much, much of the setting and music reminded me of Firefly
RedRage

Postby Gerry » 11/12/10, 8:28 am

Yeah, how I long for Firefly to come back. But at least Joss Whedon is finally being recognised for his brilliance by the big players seeing as how he was asked to direct the avengers.
I answer rhetorical questions for my own enjoyment.
Gerry

Postby Don » 11/13/10, 6:40 am

Gerry wrote:
Don wrote:That's an Australian made show!

Ummm... - - - - The version I and most of the world has seen is a British show.

Er, sorry 'bout that guys!
You are 100% correct.
I dunno what i was thinking - Duh!
I shoulda known after listening to it's pommy accents for so long that it was actually an English show.
I guess I was more caught up in the second part of my post.
I'll try (but not promise :roll: ) that I'll try harder to be a teensy bit more acurate in future.
Nice to see all the old faces (AndrewB, DarkShadow, Vaxen, etc) confirming my gratitude to Bob for all his time.
See you all soon!
Don

Postby RedRage » 11/13/10, 11:47 am

It happens..

back to firefly.... the GF just told me they came out with a Firefly comic book.. I doubt i'll get into it but maybe it can push a new fan base and get another movie made...? cross your fingers
RedRage

Return to Free Beer