Bob and others

Almost anything goes -- politics of tech, humor, the internet.... Looks like we're gonna be here for a while....
bob
BIG GIANT HEAD I Get Free Beer

Post by bob » 09/10/10, 2:54 am

People don't like to speak of it but your version of "reality" is basically a chemical outcome
'Tis true. Your Perception is whatever is "out there" as it affects the chemical/mechanical/electric "receivers" built into your body. Completely, utterly, filtered -- no, not even filtered, but rather indirect, like the light of the sun bouncing off the moon -- no, not even indirect, but rather translated, like music being picked up by a mic, then changed into 0's and 1's and then sent to a processor that knows nothing of actual sound, but knows how to process 0's and 1's.
WYSIWTF

JohnT

Post by JohnT » 09/10/10, 4:59 am

I have no neural-transmitters.....I ate them in the 60's. I knew they would be worthless today and I was 100% correct. :lol:
"A man may be a fool and not know it, but not if he is married."

Gerry

Post by Gerry » 09/12/10, 2:21 am

Don_U wrote:@gerry Did you know that there are chemicals in your brain that make you tired? It tells you to sleep.
Just goes to show how much those chemicals control me. :P It's 10:07am the next day and I'm still planning on doing some reading before I give into them.
I answer rhetorical questions for my own enjoyment.

Don_U
Senior Member I Get Free Beer

Post by Don_U » 09/12/10, 6:50 am

You have about 36 hours give or take at your age maybe 40 hours before things get really strange.

Yup Bob, "youth is wasted on the young". The older you get the more they become apparent.

Even as you speak chemicals in your body have influenced or played a direct role in shaping your response here.

But I am glad you have a 'feeling' you can control the outcome of chemical transmitters...
I never look back, dahling, it distracts from the now -Edna Mode
Beware of men in white vans at the freeway off ramps selling discount America. It is defective,
contains lead, and is not made here.
Robotic Undertones

bob

Post by bob » 09/12/10, 3:47 pm

But I am glad you have a 'feeling' you can control the outcome of chemical transmitters...

huh? I didn't say that. I don't have a position on that.
WYSIWTF

Gerry

Post by Gerry » 09/12/10, 6:16 pm

He was talking to me except for that one sentence where he said your name. His chemicals made him take my last comment a little too seriously.

> You have about 36 hours give or take at your age maybe 40 hours before things get really strange.

At about ~30 hours I get hot cold flushes for a short period and then I go back to normal body temp (well at least that is my perception). At about the same time my judgement does become noticeably impaired and I have periods where I'm really happy and joking around a lot to the point where I'm annoying to those around me (more than usual I mean). At about 2-2.5 days (which is rare) I start snapping at people, become conscious of that and just stop talking to people in order to prevent it unless I'm around somebody who I wouldn't normally snap at, but should. That's usually the final straw, were I make myself go to bed as I don't like behaving in that way. I usually never get that far unless there is a situation where is is better not to sleep for such an extended period.

bob

Post by bob » 09/12/10, 7:33 pm

At about the same time my judgement does become noticeably impaired

I love ya Gerry, but I don't know how you can tell this...
I have periods
I've long suspected..... Connected with the impaired judgment in any way? [note spelling of judgment, btw]

OK, sorry. My fault. This thread's going to hell. John, you're a very bad influence. :roll:
WYSIWTF

Gerry

Post by Gerry » 09/13/10, 11:36 am

bob wrote:
At about the same time my judgement does become noticeably impaired

I love ya Gerry, but I don't know how you can tell this...
Are you saying it's impossible to know that your judgement is impaired as the thing you would use to decide that is the very thing that is acting up?

Don_U

Post by Don_U » 09/13/10, 1:57 pm

Gerry wrote:Are you saying it's impossible to know that your judgment is impaired as the thing you would use to decide that is the very thing that is acting up?
Yeah that's exactly it. Fatigue, old age, a stroke, and a change after having a baby can cause depression (among other things) that is directly related to an imbalance of one or more of these chemicals.
Beware of men in white vans at the freeway off ramps selling discount America. It is defective,
Robotic Undertones

bob

Post by bob » 09/13/10, 10:16 pm

Are you saying it's impossible to know that your judgement is impaired as the thing you would use to decide that is the very thing that is acting up?
yes
WYSIWTF

bob

Post by bob » 09/14/10, 3:16 pm

Actually, I've worked with Gerry in the early morning hours (his early morning hours) on putting together some snippets of code for DR, and he seemed not very impaired. Would've killed me to be working at 5 am after being up all night, but he held up fine. (Well, there was the whining.)
WYSIWTF

Don_U

Post by Don_U » 09/16/10, 4:13 pm

So are we saying we can control the outcome of chemical transmitters and receptors?
Robotic Undertones

JohnT

Post by JohnT » 09/17/10, 11:48 am

HOGWASH!!!!!! YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT!!! EXACTAMUNDO!!! :P
"A man may be a fool and not know it, but not if he is married."