Rules Seek to Expand Diagnosis of Alzheimer’s

Almost anything goes -- politics of tech, humor, the internet.... Looks like we're gonna be here for a while....
Don_U
Senior Member I Get Free Beer

Rules Seek to Expand Diagnosis of Alzheimer’s

Post by Don_U » 07/14/10, 9:16 am

"For the first time in 25 years, medical experts are proposing a major change in the criteria for Alzheimer’s disease, part of a new movement to diagnose and, eventually, treat the disease earlier"

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/14/healt ... .html?_r=1

This is nuts. As a doctor told me you really can't make the diagnosis while the patient is alive. It has to be done at autopsy.

For me and Bob this is important :lol:
I never look back, dahling, it distracts from the now -Edna Mode
Beware of men in white vans at the freeway off ramps selling discount America. It is defective,
contains lead, and is not made here.
Robotic Undertones

Gerry
BIG GIANT HEAD I Get Free Beer
BIG GIANT HEAD I Get Free Beer

Post by Gerry » 07/15/10, 4:12 am

My grandfather had that and I'm more similar to him than any of my other relatives. I worry it might happen to me. He was one of the kindest and peaceful men before it hit him, but it changed him into somebody that caused a lot of pain, both mental and physical, to his immediate family. Very sad.
I answer rhetorical questions for my own enjoyment.

Don_U

Post by Don_U » 07/15/10, 11:39 pm

I'm sorry, Gerry :( it is very destructive. Worse yet the person is helpless to help themselves. A lot of changes take place in the neurons between chemical transmitters and receptors.
I never look back, dahling, it distracts from the now -Edna Mode
Beware of men in white vans at the freeway off ramps selling discount America. It is defective,
contains lead, and is not made here.
Robotic Undertones