Shell City

Almost anything goes -- politics of tech, humor, the internet.... Looks like we're gonna be here for a while....

Postby No_way » 06/29/10, 6:26 pm

Hello people
Just joined this board to say that i've followed this site for many years. I have checked in two times a week (or more), and found a lot of good stuff. Hope You can keep it going. Cause it will be missed a lot if gone.
Greetings from Norway
No_way

Postby AndrewB » 07/01/10, 12:27 am

I, like others, am mostly using Linux (and Linux based mobile OSes) these days. i have Windows 7 on this laptop, but I just "use" it. I put in all my hacks via XSetup in 30 min, and that was it. Are there any plans to make DR more linux and/or mobile hack centric? This time next decade, the vast majority of computing will be mobile/embedded, IMHO.

Thanks for the 11 years of Shell Extension City. You and Axcel 216's "Max Speed" (http://www.mdgx.com/) were the two site managers that got me excited about technology. This led me to getting into IT, and now I'm a sales manager at a US wireless company. Keep up the good work, Bob! :)
Keep Your Assets & ID Private! Can you afford not to?
AndrewB
BIG GIANT HEAD I Get Free Beer

Postby bob » 07/01/10, 1:04 am

hi Andy--glad to see you back, and glad to hear of your success....

As for your question, "Are there any plans to make DR more linux and/or mobile hack centric?" Just add all the Linux sites you want.
WYSIWTF
bob

Postby cuttheredwire » 07/01/10, 3:29 pm

What?! No updates? How about a someone (like me) lend a hand? I use this site a lot and search it a lot. It would be ashame for it to become out dated.
(• ShellCity's Second Banana •• Skinnables's Newsie •)
cuttheredwire

Postby bob » 07/01/10, 10:04 pm

I'll think about it, Cut. I've seen your work, and I know you'd do a good job. Not sure though whether now might not just be the time to end it.
WYSIWTF
bob

Postby Knasen » 07/06/10, 1:39 pm

I'm sorry to hear that, I love Shellcity. :)

If you want more traffic, install Wordpress and post each application/game in a new blogpost.

This will greatly increase your traffic from Google since you will have more pages (each blogpost got it's own page).

You already got plenty of unique textcontent here, if you make much of it into blogposts I'm sure the site will get much more traffic.

Now, everything is on the same page and it's not good at all when it comes to SEO.
Knasen
Member **

Postby bob » 07/18/10, 6:59 pm

Haven't forgotten you Red. Just thinking....
WYSIWTF
bob

Previous

Return to Free Beer